The Art Of The Zing - Part I
In this day and age, quick decision making can mean the difference between success and failure. Zing, or be Zinged. To many, including experienced Zingwraiths, the question still remains: What constitutes a Zing?
This past Sunday, amid the wintry glory prevalent in the northeast, I was lucky enough to sit down with Dr. Celestial Seasoning to discuss the history of the Zing, how it has influenced his life, and his thoughts on the ever-growing Zing-Nation. And despite Dr. Seasoning's comforting personality and physical appearance, I soon found out that mastering the Zing is no walk in the park, there are no points for second place, and X never marks the spot.
(The following is transcript between Sojo and Dr. Seasoning)
Sojo: "Greetings Dr. Seasoning, and thank you for taking the time to sit down and talk with me."
Dr. S: (Quietly takes a sip of tea...and then socks Sojo in the face with a bag of lemons) "Zing!"
Sojo: (Dazed) "Uh, did I miss something?"
Dr. S: "I wouldn't say you've been missing it Bob. How could you? You had front rows seats to the show!"
Sojo: "The show? Bob?"
Dr. S: "You know....The Daily Zing?
(Awkward silence)
Dr. S: "Zingerville, USA, population you?"
Sojo: "Uh...."
Dr. S: "I think Jack Handy said it best with 'If life gives you lemons, why not kill someone with those lemons.' Relax, I'm not gonna kill you with these lemons. I just wanted to do something that would get your attention; Something that you would never forget; Something to...Zing you."
Sojo: "Oh, I see. So If I was to take that this plant over here and rub it in your...."
(Out of nowhere, Sojo is struck and falls to the ground)
Dr. S: (Looking down at Sojo and holding the lemons) "Zangers!"
Sojo: (Mumbling to himself) "This is gonna be a long day...."
This past Sunday, amid the wintry glory prevalent in the northeast, I was lucky enough to sit down with Dr. Celestial Seasoning to discuss the history of the Zing, how it has influenced his life, and his thoughts on the ever-growing Zing-Nation. And despite Dr. Seasoning's comforting personality and physical appearance, I soon found out that mastering the Zing is no walk in the park, there are no points for second place, and X never marks the spot.
(The following is transcript between Sojo and Dr. Seasoning)
Sojo: "Greetings Dr. Seasoning, and thank you for taking the time to sit down and talk with me."
Dr. S: (Quietly takes a sip of tea...and then socks Sojo in the face with a bag of lemons) "Zing!"
Sojo: (Dazed) "Uh, did I miss something?"
Dr. S: "I wouldn't say you've been missing it Bob. How could you? You had front rows seats to the show!"
Sojo: "The show? Bob?"
Dr. S: "You know....The Daily Zing?
(Awkward silence)
Dr. S: "Zingerville, USA, population you?"
Sojo: "Uh...."
Dr. S: "I think Jack Handy said it best with 'If life gives you lemons, why not kill someone with those lemons.' Relax, I'm not gonna kill you with these lemons. I just wanted to do something that would get your attention; Something that you would never forget; Something to...Zing you."
Sojo: "Oh, I see. So If I was to take that this plant over here and rub it in your...."
(Out of nowhere, Sojo is struck and falls to the ground)
Dr. S: (Looking down at Sojo and holding the lemons) "Zangers!"
Sojo: (Mumbling to himself) "This is gonna be a long day...."

2 Comments:
Holy shit
By
Bryan, at 4:20 PM
No mention of Azinger? That must be Part 2.
By
Ben, at 1:55 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home